PowerSchool Parent Portal
Parent Portal - LOGIN PAGE
Notes from Mr. Jobe :
Do you have questions about Parent Portal? Email me at email@example.com
The parent portal permission form is now available here. Once the form is completed a student or parent needs to return it to the school office in person (no email submissions).
FireFox users please see the special note from PowerSchool technical support here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is PowerSchool? PowerSchool is our student information system.
It allows us to manage information such as grades, attendance, demographics, courses, etc.
Since Powerschool is web-based, some of this information can easily,
but safely be shared with parents and students.
- When will the system be ready? It is ready now. All students in grades 1-8 are eligible. Kindergarten is not included in the Parent Portal program.
- What web browsers are recommended? Internet Explorer 7 or 8 is recommended for Windows users. Safari 4 or 5 is recommended for Mac OS X users. Features may or may not work correctly in other browsers (Chrome, FireFox, Opera, Konqueror, etc.). If you have opted for a browser other than the recommended options and have difficulty you should switch to a recommended browser.
- Do I need a separate login for each of my children? Each child will be assigned a unique AccessID and Password. You create your own account through Parent Portal and can link multiple student accounts to your own account.
- What can I see on the PowerSchool site? Parents can access the following information:
grades for current classes, attendance for the past two weeks or the current quarter,
teachers comments, email links to teachers, various reports via email, and the school bulletin.
- Is this system secure? Absolutely. In fact, your child's safety and privacy are our greatest priorities. The Parent Portal is
hosted through PowerSchool, our secure student information system. Your child's records can
only be accessed by authorized school officials and those with whom you share your
- I have questions about the information found regarding my child's grades or attendance.
Who should I contact?
Please visit with your child about your concerns, if appropriate, and then contact your child's
teacher by phone or by email, if needed.
- I logged into Parent Portal and selected the BALANCE ALERT under EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS. I received an email from PowerSchool with balance or billing information that is different than what I have received from the school office.
PowerSchool is not currently being used for lunch balance or fee tracking. Default values associated with how our school is setup are stored, but this is not considered to be an accurate record since neither the lunch service or the offices update balances. Please do not use this email notification item.
- The lunch report in PowerSchool doesn't seem to be working? Will it be fixed soon? No. The company contracted with the school to handle lunch (Ceres) does not use or interface with PowerSchool. We will continue to handle lunch as we have in the past. For questions about the school lunch program please call the school office and ask to speak to Ceres.
- There is an item within PowerSchool about registering for classes. Will I be able to use this? This feature is primarily intended for high schools. We will not be doing online registration. Registration for classes will be handled as it has been in the past. For more information please contact the school office.
- How do I get more help with the PowerSchool Parent Portal? Aside from the resources found on this page, you
should contact Mr. Jobe at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the Parent Portal.
- What do Q1, Q2, S1, Q3, Q4, and S2 stand for? Q1 is the average for Quarter 1. Q2 is the average for Quarter 2. S1 is "semester 1". S1 is the average of Q1 and Q2.
Q3 is the average for Quarter 3. Q4 is the average for Quarter 4. S2 is the average for Q3 and Q4. When an average is visible you may click the average to see the assignments that affected the score.
- I don't have Internet access at home. How can I access the PowerSchool Parent Portal? A computer will be available at each school for parents to use during regular school hours. Just check in at the office and someone will help you. Computers are also available at
the public library.
- How often are grades updated online? Check individual teacher's web pages for their policy on how often or when they post grades online.
- How do I cancel my Parent Portal account? Send an email from the account that is registered with Parent Portal to email@example.com indicating you would like your Parent Portal account disabled. Be sure to include school, names of students, and homeroom of each student.
Parent Portal User Guide .pdf file*
Parent Portal Instructional Movie in QuickTime** format. 46.6 MB
Windows (Internet Explorer) - Right click link and choose SAVE TARGET AS to save movie file to your desktop.
Mac (Safari) - CTRL+CLICK link and choose DOWNLOAD LINKED FILE to save movie file to your desktop.
Once file has completely downloaded just double click to watch.
*Adobe Reader or a .pdf compatible program is required to read .pdf files.
Download Adobe Reader here.
** Apple QuickTime is required to view this movie. Download QuickTime for free from http://apple.com/quicktime.
End of 4th Quarter
Giles and Leigh
School in Session
School in Session
Last Day of School
9:45 AM Dismissal
2012-2013 Full Year
First Day of School