PowerSchool Parent Portal FAQ
Parent Portal - LOGIN PAGE
Notes from Mr. Jobe :
The parent portal permission form is now available here. Once the form is completed a student or parent needs to return it to the school office in person (no email or fax submissions).
Students that have a permission form on file do not need a new one each year.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I have an account, but have forgotten my password. How do I get it back or reset it? If you have already created an account and have lost or forgotten your username or password the system will email that info back to the email address used at the time the account was created. To do this go to https://powerschool.norridge80.org and click FORGOT USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
- What is PowerSchool? PowerSchool is our student information system.
It allows us to manage information such as grades, attendance, demographics, courses, etc.
Since Powerschool is web-based, some of this information can easily,
but safely be shared with parents and students through Parent Portal. Parent Portal is also the way to set your school broadcast notifications preferences.
- When will the system be ready? It is ready now and has been in use for years. All students in grades K-8 are eligible.
- What web browsers are recommended?
iPhone - iOS 8 or later with one of latest 2 Safari versions
7" - 10" Android Tablets - Android 4 or later with one of latest 2 Chrome versions
Microsoft Surface Tablets - Windows 8.1 or later with one of latest 2 Edge versions
Chromebooks - Chrome OS 36 or later with one of latest 2 Chrome versions
Amazon Kindle Fire and Barnes and Noble Nook NOT SUPPORTED
PCs (laptop or desktop running Windows) - Internet Explorer 11 or one of latest two versions of Edge
PCs (laptop or desktop running Windows) - one of latest two version of FireFox or one of latest two versions of Chrome
Mac (laptop or desktop running macOS) - one of latest two versions of Safari or one of latest two versions of FireFox or Chrome
Features may or may not work correctly in other browsers (Opera, Konqueror, etc.).
If you have opted for a browser other than the recommended options and have difficulty you should switch to a recommended browser.
- Do I need a separate login for each of my children? Each child will be assigned a unique AccessID and Password. You create your own account through Parent Portal and can link multiple student accounts to your own account.
- How do I link additional students to my account once it is setup? Instructions on how to add an additional student to an existing Parent Portal Account can be found on the lower half of page 34 of the Parent Portal User Guide.
- What can I see on the PowerSchool site? Parents can access the following information:
grades for current classes, attendance for the past two weeks or the current quarter,
teachers comments, email links to teachers, various reports via email, and the school bulletin.
- Is this system secure? Absolutely. In fact, your child's safety and privacy are our greatest priorities. The Parent Portal is
hosted through PowerSchool, our secure student information system. Your child's records can
only be accessed by authorized school officials and those with whom you share your
- I have questions about the information found regarding my child's grades or attendance.
Who should I contact?
Please visit with your child about your concerns, if appropriate, and then contact your child's
teacher by phone or by email, if needed.
- I logged into Parent Portal and selected the BALANCE ALERT under EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS. I received an email from PowerSchool with balance or billing information that is different than what I have received from the school office.
PowerSchool is not currently being used for lunch balance. Please do not use the lunch balance email notification item.
- The lunch report in PowerSchool doesn't seem to be working? Will it be fixed soon? No. The company contracted with the school to handle lunch (Ceres) does not use or interface with PowerSchool. We will continue to handle lunch as we have in the past. For questions about the school lunch program please call the school office and ask to speak to Ceres.
- There is an item within PowerSchool about registering for classes. Will I be able to use this? This feature is primarily intended for high schools. We will not be doing online registration. Registration for classes will be handled as it has been in the past. For more information please contact the school office.
- What do Q1, Q2, S1, Q3, Q4, and S2 stand for? Q1 is the average for Quarter 1. Q2 is the average for Quarter 2. S1 is "semester 1". S1 is the average of Q1 and Q2.
Q3 is the average for Quarter 3. Q4 is the average for Quarter 4. S2 is the average for Q3 and Q4. When an average is visible you may click the average to see the assignments that affected the score.
- How often are grades updated online? Check individual teacher's web pages for their policy on how often or when they post grades online.
- How do I cancel my Parent Portal account? Send an email from the account that is registered with Parent Portal to email@example.com indicating you would like your Parent Portal account disabled. Be sure to include school, names of students, and homeroom of each student.
- I don't have Internet access at home. How can I access the PowerSchool Parent Portal? A computer will be available at each school for parents to use during regular school hours. Just check in at the office and someone will help you. Computers are also available at
the public library.
- Parent Portal isn't working right on my computer, laptop, tablet, or phone. Can you help? District 80 staff can not provide assistance in troubleshooting, maintaining, or upgrading non-District 80 owned equipment. A computer will be available at each school for parents to use during regular school hours. Just check in at the office and someone will help you. Computers are also available at
the public library.
- How do I get more help with the PowerSchool Parent Portal? Aside from the resources found on this page, you
should contact Mr. Jobe at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the Parent Portal.
17-18 Full Year
18-19 Full Year
Martin Luther King Day
Board of Education
7:PM @ Leigh School
Regular School Day
4PM to 7PM
1PM to 4PM and
5PM to 7PM
Board of Education
7:PM @ Giles School