BEHAVIOR INTERVENTION PROGRAM / LEVEL SYSTEM FOR
All new students begin on Level One.† They all have the opportunity to reach Level Four, but it is their decision as to when this will occur.
Evaluation Procedures:† Students are given 100 points at the beginning of the day.† The day is divided into academic periods, homeroom, and lunch.† At the end of each period, students will be rated according to their behavior.
1.) Students will demonstrate appropriate behavior- He / She has a good attitude, respects staff and interacts appropriately with peers.
2.) Students will begin work within one minute -- Takes out materials and begins at the start of the period.
3.) Students will follow staff directions within one minute-†† Will follow all directions given by the teacher or staff
4.) Students will remain on- =task for the whole academic period- Works throughout the whole period, takes part in class discussion and raises hand.
5.) Students will complete his/her assignments - Gets assignment done on time and turns them in a timely manner.
1. Student will develop self-managements skills to achieve success
2. Student will demonstrate interpersonal skills in order to interact with peers and adults in a school setting.
3. Student will demonstrate responsible behaviors in school and the community
4. Students will work toward academic success
1. Friday activity (Movie-Cards-puzzles)
2. Art work at seat/ games on the carpet.
3. Free time/ Recess
4. Reading time in different location of the room
5.††† Mainstream to Gym class
TO MOVE TO LEVEL TWO:
1. Earn 80 points for 9 days out of 10 days.
2. Complete daily work with 75% accuracy
1. Friday activity/ Special Treat every six weeks
2. Hall passes/Errands †
3. Computer Free time/ Assignments may be complete
4.†††† Mainstream to Science
TO STAY ON LEVEL TWO:
1. Maintain 425 points every week
2. Complete daily work 75% accuracy
TO MOVE ON TO LEVEL THREE
1. Earn an average of 85 points each day for four weeks in a row. Each week must total 425 points.
2. Receive a 75% average on daily school work
If you do not maintain 425 points each week and complete all assignments with 75% you will be given a warning for one week.† †If your points do not improve (425) in one week you will go back to Level One. If you have been working toward Level Three and receive a warning week, then you have to begin counting your four weeks over again in order to move to Level Three.
1. Friday activity
2. Mainstream to a core subject (teachers /student conference) this will be third mainstream class
3. Walk to and from bus without teacher supervision
4. Hall passes
To stay on level three:
†1.††† Earn 90 points everyday or an average of 450 points every week
†2.††† Complete all assignments with 75% accuracy
To move to level four:
1. Earn 90 points for 6 weeks in a row or 450 points a week for 6 weeks in a row
2. Complete daily assignments with a 75% accuracy
If you donít earn 90 points everyday or get 450 points every week and complete all assignments with 75% accuracy, you will be given a warning. If your points do not improve in one week (450) you will go back to level two.
1. Friday activity
2. Mainstreaming to another core subject (50%-85% of the day would be spent out of the classroom)
3. Permission to bring personal items to school (students are responiliby for anything brought to school)
4. Walk to and from bus
5. Hall pass/ Help in a primary classroom
To stay on level four:
1. Earn 90 points every day or 450 points every week
2. Complete all assignments with 75% accuracy
If you do not earn 90 points or 450 points every week and complete all assignments with 75% accuracy, you will be given a warning. If you do not improve in one week (450) you will go back to level three.
If you maintain level four for six months and have no incidents of physical aggression then a meeting will be set up with the appropriate staff to evaluate your present placement.
1. Games or movies for Friday activity
2. Students must have an average of 75% of their behavior points and all assignments completed and turned in by the start of the day on Friday morning in order to par-take in the Friday activity.
Twice a year the class will hold a silent auction. †At these auctions the students will use their positive bonus points to bid on items. Bonus points are given on a daily bases to students who are on- task working, interaction with peers and adults is socially appropriate, and who are displaying positive self-managements skills.
††††††††† The level system is a guide for staff, students and parents.†† It is important that everyone understand certain situations may arise that have to be dealt with in a different manner; therefore there may be some adjustments to this program.